Buyers Tips & Tricks
- Know what you want. The last thing you need is to close a deal and realize you bought a house you don't want. Ask yourself what you're looking for in a home, before you shop. Think about size, commute time and necessary repairs.
- Be a smart consumer. Know how to shop for a home loan that's right for you. We can assist you in learning the financing basics - contact us!
- Get pre-approved. This takes very little time and lets you know the price range that fits your lifestyle.
- Keep your debt load to a minimum. Don't make major purchases or incur any additional debt until after your purchase. Pay down credit cards and don't apply for new ones. Remember, financial institutions evaluate your financial situation on your gross monthly income. Your total monthly house costs should not exceed 28 percent of your gross monthly income.
- Be prepared to view new properties quickly. Sometimes homes sell quickly, so be ready to make fast decisions. Be accessible to change the terms.
- Have instant access to your agent. Instant communication can mean the difference in purchasing the property of your choice.
- Submit a strong, competitive offer.
- Include a substantial earnest money deposit. Sometimes offers are accepted based on the amount of the deposit.
- Try to minimize the number of contingencies. Fewer contingencies mean a stronger offer.
- Hire an inspector. A professional building inspector or appraiser will make sure the house of your choice is in satisfactory condition.
- Check zoning regulations and covenants. Good residential neighborhoods will be zoned to keep out commercial and industrial users.
- Read any restrictive covenants and make sure they fit your lifestyle.
- Request an updated property survey. Be sure it clearly marks boundaries. Check for problems.
- Make sure you know what stays or goes. Your contract should be very specific about which items (appliances, etc) are included in the sale.
- Get agreements in writing. Make certain verbal agreements are written into the final contract to avoid any stressful and expensive issues later.
If you have further questions we are happy to assist you!
CENTURY 21® is a registered trademark owned by CENTURY 21® Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office is independently owned and operated. Century 21 Price Right offers homes for sale in north central Idaho and southeastern Washington, offering quick and easy access to the entire area's residential homes, waterfront, land and commercial properties for sale